Facebook is the biggest social media network in the world with 2.23 billion monthly active users. 1.5 billion out of those 2.23 billion users login to Facebook every single day. On average, 5 new users sign up for Facebook every second.
You might be wondering why am I telling you all this?
Well, because I want you to wrap your head around it. You need to understand how powerful this platform is. Think about how many of these 2 billion people may be your potential customers?
Do you sell cosmetics? It means most of your customers are females, right?
Well, good news for you! 66% of all Facebook users are female…which means Facebook has about 1.4 billion potential customers for you to serve.
Think how hard it may be to get just 1% of those 1.4 Billion to your website to sell them?
Not so hard!
The point I am trying to make is—You can profit big time from Facebook!
Here are two methods in which you can leverage Facebook to increase your sales:
- Organic Method
Through organic methods, you can get traffic without investing any money. A lot of gurus are saying that Organic Facebook Marketing is dead and in 2019 there is no way you can get free traffic.
But I don’t think so.
It is not dead, it has changed.
Before Facebook made its algorithm changes, all you had to do was to post something on Facebook and it will automatically reach a fair amount of people.
But, it doesn’t work like this anymore.
Now you have to spend some time promoting your posts.
And I will tell you how you can do all this, step by step:
- Create a Facebook Page if you don’t already have one. Enter all the necessary details about your business—your website, your phone number, your Address, etc.
- Start posting some valuable information for your audience. Post it in the form of images and captions. Don’t sell through posts. Only post things that add value to the lives of your potential customers. It may be a valuable tip, a ‘how-to’ post, any industry news. If you are out of ideas- ask a question from your audience, or answer a burning question.
- Use high-quality images and graphics. You can get these high-quality images and graphics from pixabay.com. And you can edit them using Canva.com, which is a free easy-to-use editing tool.
- Now here is where the magic happens: Start promoting your posts. Most people just share the posts on their Facebook profiles and hope it will go viral. That’s not going to happen! So go find some groups on Facebook where your audience is hanging out. Be a part of those groups and share your posts in those groups.
- Don’t share ads in any group; otherwise, you’ll be removed by the admins. Share valuable information, as I already mentioned.
- Some people from those groups will fall in love with the value you share and they will like your Facebook page. They’ll read about you on the page, and if needed they may visit your website or even call your company to ask for your services.
- Patience is the key when using Organic Method because some of your posts may go viral, others may not even get 1 like. Be ready for it.
- Get in touch with some micro influencers on facebook. Share their posts, build Rapport with them. Once they see that you are adding value to them, they will also start sharing your posts and content to their audience.
Just follow the above steps, and you’ll start seeing some traction. You won’t believe but you will get some sales if you will do it right.
- Paid Method
The paid method includes ads and paid promotion deals with the influencers. You can pay a page with some following to promote your content. It is pretty straight forward so I will spend the rest of my time explaining how you can use Facebook ads to get sales. I will explain it in a very simple manner. Facebook ads can really get complex but you don’t need to start in a complex manner.
So here are the simple steps involved:
- Login into your ad manager.
- Select a campaign goal according to your needs. Conversion campaign is recommended if you want to get leads.
- Now start with targeting. Choose the area or country you are targeting. Choose what interests you want to target. Choose the gender you are targeting (if any). Your ad will only reach to the people who overlap on the conditions you set. Pretty Powerful!
- Now it’s time to create the ad. Use high quality images that show some emotion. Don’t use a lot of text on the image. If it’s a video ad, the first 5 seconds of the video should grab attention.
- While writing the ad copy, use a headline that grabs attention and makes your audience curious to know more. In the body copy, explain precisely what your offer is. Keep it as short as possible. And always ask your audience to take that action you want them to take.
- The landing page where your audience will land should not have any navigation items. Just focus the whole landing page on one thing, i.e., your offer.
- Your first offer should be something free in exchange for the email address of your potential customer. Later you can use his email to communicate with him and sell something to him.
- Once you get a lead or sale through ads—follow up with your audience and upsell them.
Once you will take action on these above-mentioned steps, you will start seeing results within 10-14 days. Keep optimizing your ads based on the data you see inside your analytics dashboard.
And just as a quick tip, I would like to tell you that you should use both organic and paid methods together to see maximum results.
This was just a quick overview of Facebook for small business owners. You can start executing on these things today. You don’t have to wait for anything. Everything mentioned above was a very basic method to leverage Facebook to improve your sales, but there are many advanced strategies and methods that can be applied to get better results…you can go on the contact page to reach out to me if you want me to work on your account and put some advance Facebook strategies in place to grow your business.
Before ending this up, I have another tip for you—Don’t try to complicate the process by watching YouTube videos about “advanced strategies” from self-claimed gurus. Just start simple. Think about “advanced strategies” only when you start getting some good results.
Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions?